5480 Hillcrest Drive | Wausau, WI 54401 | 715-675-1171

Our History

In 2001, The Town of Maine began plans for building a new town hall building.  During this planning, we were approached and offered a chance to use the old town hall.  After a carefully executed plan with many people involved, the town hall was moved to its current location on our historical preservation site.  The hall is now fully restored for others to enjoy.  Thanks to outstanding contractors, neighbors, friends & family members, we have brought new life to this old structure.

In September 2006 we added to our historical preservation site. A 111 year-old round barn was carefully maneuvered and finally place at the other end of our property. Since that move, the barn has had ongoing restorations including: brand new foundations, floors, siding, doors, louvers and paint. Restoration on the barn is continuous as we prepare for another impressive structure for everyone to enjoy.

The Moving Process